This specification contains all the information necessary to facilitate the exchange of data and control information over the power line medium within a home. The document is divided into five sections (1 – 5):
1. An introduction to the specification.
2. A general description of the power line network that is likely to exist in home environments.
3. The specifications of the allowed topology and configuration rules for constructing EIA-709.2 compliant networks in homes.
4. A specification of the EIA-709.2 physical medium. This section covers frequency allocation, physical and electrical specification of the medium, connectors, environmental requirements, and installation considerations.
5. The physical layer specification of an EIA-709.2 compliant node. This section covers the interface to the higher ISO layers, control channel signal characteristics, encoding, transmitter and receiver and signal coupling characteristics.
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 470 KB